Social Media Campaign Review – Lalinca Lunga
- social media
Video case study: Tesco: Homeplus Subway Virtual Store
• To become No. 1 without increasing the number of stores
• Create an E- mart/virtual shopping store
• Let the store come to people
Tesco- Homeplus conducted an in-depth study into Koreans once more. Koreans are the second most hard-working people in the world! For them, grocery shopping once a week is a dreaded task. So, they decided to approach these busy and tired people to the virtual stores.
• Tesco created virtual stores in subway stations in the rush our.
• Although virtual, the displays were exactly the same as actual stores – this included the merchandising.
• Only one thing is different, you use smart phones to shop! Scan the QR code with your phone, and the product automatically lands in your on-line cart! When the online purchase is done, it will be delivered to your door right after you get home.
• After this campaign, on-line sales increased tremendously (Nov.2010-Jan.2011).
• Through this campaign, 10,287 consumers visited the online Homeplus mall using smartphones.
• The number of new registered members rose by 76 percent, and on-line sales increased 130 percent.
• Currently, Homeplus is No.1 in the on-line market and is a very close No.2 offline.
This is a fantastic example of good social media campaign.